Tuesday, February 26, 2008

One New Lens

Ahhh, photography. one of my first real love affairs. you see i always wanted to be 'artsy', but i could never draw. my sister could, though. my parents paid for her art lessons. no one offered them to me. i wasn't artsy. all of that changed when my dad gave me a camera for high school graduation. my shots were good. i fell in love. after college and marriage and motherhood, i opened a studio. it was fun, then it was work. so i sold the whole deal and put my equipment in the closet. i took my extra cash and bought a digital slr. what a revalation. instant gratification.
and then a few days ago, i got the urge to buy a new lens. canon 85mm f/1.8. and now i am falling all over again. here is an image of a person very near and dear to me. she is beautiful.

No comments: